Friday, February 14, 2014

Book - The Story of My Experiment with Truth



“Each night, when I go to sleep, I die. And the next morning, when I wake up, I am reborn.”
Mahatma Gandhi

At some point of time,we all may have heard about Gandhiji and his ideologies in Satya Graha. We may have even studied about his freedom struggles which finally lead to the freedom of India from the British empire in the History of India/World.

Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi popularly known as Gandhiji is one of the most inspiring global figures of our time.

But have we ever tried to dig deep into his personal life. The story of  My Experiment with Truth is the autobiography of Mahatma Gandhi. The book starts with Gandhiji as a child and his recollections from early childhood to adulthood and his marriage, his education, his stay in South Africa & England are also accounted. He also recounts every details of the story of his life and how he developed the concept of active nonviolent resistance, which propelled the Indian struggle for independence and countless other nonviolent struggles of the twentieth century.

I don't want to bore my readers by telling the story of Gandhiji again. If you haven't read the book yet, please grab your copy from the nearest book store. Because reading for yourself is much more enlightening than reading a review written by someone.

So, in the year 1999, the book was designated as one of the "100 Best Spiritual Books of the 20th Century" by a committee of global spiritual and religious authorities.

I have read my copy of the book. So, when are you going to do it?

“I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.”
Mahatma Gandhi

No comments:

Post a Comment